Wednesday 18 July 2018

Incredibles 2 (2018)

Almost a week after seeing Incredibles 2, I still haven't made up my mind about how I would rate it.

Is it as good as the first film, better, worse? The answer is: I DON'T KNOW!!! (cue hysterical sobbing).

One things for certain is that it's very good. It's funny, heart-felt; stylistically it's a triumph; musically it's exceptional The action scenes are breathtaking, the acting superb, the animation excellent. It tells a fun story. Its use of Jack-Jack, a character who could have been irritating, works brilliantly, it ticks all the right superhero/60s spy movie boxes.

It doesn't have a volcano, and that lack of such an exceptional set-piece is probably one of the areas where the original movie wins outright.

But it does have a baby fighting a raccoon, and that might make up for the missing volcano.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong Railway Museum

For a little bit of context, I've been fascinated by trains for most of my life. I can't make any claim to being a true fanatic - my...